Monday, October 13, 2008

Boston

Joel and I usually try to take a trip somewhere for our anniversary... but when January 14th comes around (if I deliver on my due date) we'll have a one day old little girl! :) So we decided to get away a little early- to Boston. It was an incredible trip! Joel's parents were so sweet to come and keep Addie Lane for us. It was the longest that we've been away from her, which was much easier than we thought it would be. We definitely missed her like crazy, but what fun it was to laugh, travel and talk without the words diaper, naptime, toys, etc. entering the conversation.
We had perfect weather and the trees were changing into the brightest reds, yellows, and oranges I have ever seen. After spending 2 days in Boston, we drove up to Maine (2 hours) through the changing leaves and along the rugged east coast, then the last day we spent in Cambridge.

On the trolly around town

Boston Harbor Tour


Driving up the coast
Freeport, Maine: LL Bean Headquarters
I surprised Joel with tickets to Ray LaMontaigne

Cambridge

27 weeks (just for you, Leigh)


Charles River
Sunset from our hotel

9 comments:

e said...

SO fun!!! I'm glad you got to take such a great trip. Umm and 27 weeks?? Bethany you barely have a bump!!! Seriously I was showing more at 7 weeks than you are at TWENTY SEVEN. you are quite blessed and oh so cute!

Marci Waller said...

You are the tiniest pregnant woman ever! I thought the bump showed up bigger and faster the second time! Wow! Gorgeous pics of the trees...sure looks fun!

Ashley said...

so fun Bethany! I LOVE Boston and that whole area... only been with my family though so I'm dying to go back with Andy! Glad y'all had a good trip! How are ya feelin?

The Hugheys said...

Yea, that 27 week... barely-there-bump is a little bit amazing. I'm quite jealous of you! :) You look great and i'm glad ya'll had a good trip!

kelly jean pitts said...

look at you and your sassy boots!! funny forth pic from the top. ready for the picture?

The Davis Family said...

um, bethany, besides the fact that you are Oh so cute.. i REALLY need to know where those boots came from. I want, I need, I have to have! Just give them to me, K?

Granny said...

Much gratitude for the picture. I literally found myself squinting my eyes and drawing closer to the screen to look for your bump. Speaking of eyes, I will claw yours.

LOVE

Katherine said...

That's so fun that y'all got to enjoy a trip with just the two of you before #2 comes along.

The Glidewells said...

I think we were in Boston at the same time as you. That's so funny! Addie Lane is adorable.